Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to the One Who Gave Me Life!

Birthdays have always been a big deal in our family.  Your favorite cake is made for you.  Mine was always cherry chip with cherry frosting.  I'm certain my family cringed every year because they weren't as passionate about it as I was.  You get to pick what you want for your birthday dinner.  Your family expects a birthday wish list from you and everyone gathers to watch you open all of your birthday presents.  We've always celebrated them surrounded by the ones we love. 

Sometimes there are geographical challenges to this.  Today is no exception.  I may not be able to watch you blow out the blaze on top of a cake today but I am with you always.  I am just as much a part of you as you are a part of me.

Happy birthday to the one who gave me life and who continues to remind me what it feels like to be unconditionally loved.  You are loved beyond words...

No comments:

Post a Comment